Friday 28 October 2016

Rebecca with America.



‘America’, the word itself sounds so beautiful and appealing that people think it is a country where people live an alluring and comfortable lifestyle. Lesser do people know about the real America, those who acquire important knowledge, those who live here and those who hate America of course. The real America is paying tax with every single candy, giving up your comfort for survival and still gain just less than half of the salary and worst of all not having water in public washrooms. Gross! Every coin has two sides, America is one of those countries that you will love and hate at the same moment.
 I experienced America for a month, enjoying the beautiful county Los Angeles. LA has no night life but it still manages to stay beautiful showing off its breath taking mountain views from far away. LA has got the worst daylight you will ever witness. The sun here happily tans you taking no long.
My life there in America had been full of adventure, good and bad. I am recalling all those moments by writing.
J

The journey from Green flag to Red and Blue.

I was so excited when I heard we, I and my family got the visa after waiting for about three months after our interview. When every morning I used to wake up and asked my mom if the visa arrived? The answer in no always made me lose all my hopes. I thought all my shopping will go in vain and that I will never be able to enjoy my new clothes at some new place. Because when you make your mind on something and that doesn’t happen, you are heart-broken of course. Also, I was worried if I would miss my school and so it happened of which I was afraid but thanks to my teachers that cooperated with me and were lenient enough to let me enjoy my trip with no tensions or work load at my back.
Previously, I used to complain to my parents that I have never travelled in an airplane. Now that it just happened, it kept happening that I started feeling nauseous thinking about the plane every time. We travelled from Karachi to Abu Dhabi to Paris. Yes Paris! But couldn’t see the Eiffel Tower sadly. Okay that doesn’t end here. From Paris to Boston and from there we were supposed to take a flight that landed directly in LA and so we sent our luggage in that flight too but I don’t exactly know what just happened but we missed our flight because of some misprinting in our boarding passes. That was the time I thought we would spend our whole night at airport like some roadside beggars. :D but luckily we got the tickets which instead of going to LA, was going to Dallas first and then LA but again this flight got delayed and we got the boarding passes for another flight that went to New York first and then LA FINALLY.


It seemed to me like we were on an American airports spree or something. The journey in airplane is always pathetic. I had carried my laptop and a book if in case I thought I get bore but none of them was likely to end my boredom in plane because you literally hate everything when you are travelling in such packed and tiny seat where you can’t even straighten your legs and wish to punch and hit and kick the crew members for no reason and to make it even worse they serve you the most tasteless food on Earth. Sometimes the meal served in airplane is just inconceivable. You cannot figure out what that food is in front of you. Okay how about taking some nap? Nah. Nap is not in the dictionary of travelling in aero plane. Overall, it was a really tiring journey with five pathetic take offs and five landings. When we landed in LA I couldn’t believe that I have finally made it till here until we realized our luggage has not arrived. Yes, another tragedy. We spent our whole night sleeping in uncomfortable clothes and the next half day in those same ugly clothes. When our luggage was finally home, I had tears of joy just like the first time when I heard about the good news of my niece’s birth. JUST KIDDING. (    About the bags)

No comments:

Post a Comment