Saturday 29 October 2016

Rebecca with America part 2 (Places of LA)



 SOME OF THE PLACES I HAVE BEEN TO.

LA has not got much places to visit for those who are residents here but it is two times more interesting for the tourists again. 

Swap Meet:
A market that when I went there I realized it’s the American Sunday Bazar, second version of Sunday Bazar in Karachi, Pakistan. You find second hand things there in comparatively cheaper prices which are easily affordable. Not only this, but the outer as well as inner appearance also made me thought it is actually the Sunday Bazar. I used to love shopping in Sunday market because no matter how useless the thing is but you find it attractive when it is sold in cheap rates. I thought I would enjoy this Swap Meet too but I realized either I have just grown up that I don’t enjoy cheap shopping anymore or the stuff there was not much appealing. So I bought just a bag pack for my school which are ordinarily found in Latifabad as well. :D

Hollywood:
My first exciting place to visit in America. I was so excited to see the famous Hollywood sign up there and I just wished if I could ever go there. I had always wanted to walk on the Walk of Fame where you could read the names of well-known Hollywood celebrities but that street was so crowded that I actually saw just the name of Bugs Bunny and no one else’s. The real thing that was most enjoyable in Hollywood was Madame Tussaud’s. There they have wax statues of random Hollywood stars for you to strike pose and take pictures with them. There were so many wax statues but I chose only few for the pictures whom I knew because there was no fun in taking pictures with the ones whom I didn’t know. To me it’s like the ones who take autographs of the TV stars they don’t know about. Rihanna was one of the statues whom I took picture with and realized she came into my dream once randomly and was speaking in Sindhi out of nowhere. Weird!

Beaches:
Beaches there in LA are so beautiful and so fresh that even someone with aqua phobia would fall in love with the waters. I have been to a number of beaches there some of them are, Fishermen village, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes and Laguna Beach. My favorite one was Palos Verdes. The fresh breeze there makes you feel like you want to spend the rest of your life sitting there watching the waves of water pushing each other and hiding in one another. Palos Verdes had this top cliff which if you climb then it is probably going to be the best view you would ever want to see. You won’t be able to differentiate between the water and sky from there.
I wasn’t into beaches before but such pretty views are worth capturing. 

Downtown:
Downtown LA is where all the tall buildings are and where most of the people have their jobs and offices and businesses. It’s that area of the city where mostly blacks are homeless and drunk, where people are not classy and where robberies happen. So yeah it’s not just the Pakistan that is not safe but every well developed and well organized country has this flaw.
So actually you cannot call it the safest area. I paid a visit there with my cousins in night time and night there is so sparkling with all the twinkling lights. There is this very elegant library called The Old Book Store. Since I have lately become a book lover, I was literally in love with that library and the architecture. The organization of books, the colored paintings, those antique chairs and benches everything was just so appealing to me. It’s the perfect place for the ones who are insanely in love with books and want a very calm and friendly environment. Trust me, you will get there all you desire for. Though the prices of books there were out of my reach but if only I had enough time, I could have done reading at least a book. 



Sky space:
Here comes one of my most favorite parts of the trip, Sky space!!! It’s a building where people go on 70th floor and enjoy the beautiful view of LA from there. It looks so pretty in the night especially because of all the lighted LA. Scenes like these are hard to write in words but I wish everyone who loves travelling should put this place down in their travel list. I sat there watching the moon and moon staring at me back. I wondered so many thoughts sitting right there and gazing the artificial lights and natural light of moon. I saw far far away thinking about where this city ends where the darkness strikes, where the world ends and what my people back in Pakistan must be doing and who possibly must be missing me :D Basically at this point you will find yourself amazed at the beauty of LA and your never ending thoughts.
There was a glass slide too from 70th floor to 69th. I so wanted to do that slide but what stopped me was my cousin reminding me ‘but it’s a glass slide. It’s a glass!!’ again and again. This telling her held me back and made me scared even though I was not, partly. That is the time I still regret till today for not going on that slide. I realized we are going to die anyway one day, stopping yourself from the thing you love is like dying every day in regrets.


4 comments:

  1. Incredible work Rebecca! Now I can actually visit LA without any guide :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. manzar kashi!! bohot aala..! to this i can call a perfect "safar nama" ... efforts ruby ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dear... Proud of you both

    ReplyDelete