Tuesday 1 November 2016

Rebecca with America part 5 (Some funny moments)

Some funny moments from the beginning till the end of journey.

-When we landed at Abu Dhabi airport and we were heading towards the waiting lounge, my brother spotted Bobby Deol going. I ran after him, trying hard not to act like some desperate Pakistani. :D I went to him and asked him if he could make a picture with me. How will you feel when you get a displeased answer of how are you
L He could have asked me the same question out of courtesy but he didn’t. He sounded so I-don’t-give-a-shoot that he made me actually doubt on myself ‘do I look like some desperate to you?’ Anyway. He was still very young and fresh and handsome and his voice is of course very manly. I was to upload that picture on Facebook but I seemed like an over excited girl with a wide teeth smile. Moral of the story, DON’T EVER RUN AFTER ANY CELEBRITY.

-When we reached at the Paris airport, the airport didn’t attract me as much as the washrooms did. :D Pink, orange, yellow and red colors looked too beautiful to even use the washroom. The wash basins were agrestic enough to put me in confusion ‘do they even have water here to clean hands?’ It was like a snooker table. I tried to move my hands everywhere and figure out the where the water comes from and luckily the water tap finally turned on out of nowhere. NOWHERE.

-A tip from my side, whenever you don’t understand what foreigners are saying because they speak English that crosses your mind, always reply ‘oh yeah okay’ with a smile. I always did this whenever I failed to understand shopkeepers’ words. Trust me it always works. Nothing goes wrong in the end. Once I went to this shopkeeper lady and enquired about the watches. I didn’t get a single word of her reply. I came back and sent my brother again to ask her the same question because I would have sounded some stupid to go back to her and ask the same question again. *face palm*.

-Whenever I had to go somewhere I used to start preparations early because in the beginning the thought of load shedding used to click my mind always *I should iron my clothes first otherwise light will go off*, *I should straighten my hair immediately before electricity goes off* Sigh! Until I became habitual of living an American life, my trip was over already.

-One thing I felt really upset about is in Pakistan my name ‘Rebecca’ has got a huge importance. People tell me how unique my name is every time they hear my name. But in America, name Rebecca is very common. Everywhere I went I used to come across this name mostly. Be it a shop, designer, movie or whatever. I felt really small there after so many Rebeccas.
L

On my return journey to Pakistan, I kept on using the TV from LA till Dubai. I watched movies, shows, played games and listened music. When we landed at Dubai airport I realized my TV screen has got hanged. I wished nobody catches me. Dikha di na apni asal auqat. :D

We came across Sahir Lodhi at Karachi International airport. He is not Bobby Deol so you better understand what I am trying to say. :D


USA has its own charms. There is no dust there, rules and regulations are followed properly and society is disciplined. There are some small cities that target Muslim population there. Today it’s just the small cities, tomorrow it can be highly populated cities as well. I have my own plans here in Pakistan. I have set my mind accordingly. I will never want to leave this country. People tell me it’s a stupid decision not considering the biggest opportunity that is already there waiting for you but let me tell you it is us who suppose the opportunity is for us, actually it’s someone else’s chance to avail when you don’t really want to grab that opportunity. You make your ways, not that the ways are made for you.

Happy Pakistan! Happy Blogging!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment